n00b Alert

New to the forums, or just want to get to know people. Start a topic in here!
zombify
Cria
Cria

n00b Alert

Post by zombify »

Hello everyone

I’m zombify I ‘m not very good at introductions so here goes... I love video games I started gaming when I was about 6 years old I also like 80s cult horror the more gore the better lol.

I used to work at the local Gamestation in Chatham before they were sold to game whilst working there, I also work at two local schools within Medway as an IT technician.

I’m currently working in a Charity in London as a IT manager ive start the MCITP 2008 server administrator certification oh how exciting lol .

I’m hoping to attend your next lan party as I’m not too far away from your venue.
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Re: n00b Alert

Post by Kanonfodda »

Welcome matey :)

look forward to seeing you at LL15 :D
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

And seeing you at LL14 would be pretty fantastic too! :)
zombify
Cria
Cria

Post by zombify »

Thanks for the welcome guys.

So im in the process of either building a new gaming rig or buying a alienware m15x. What are you guys running ?
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

There seems to be a tradition of educational ICT support and gaming ... just ask TheBrook and I ;)

Most people see to build there own to get exactly what they want, but with Laptops you don't have that choice.
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

*highfives for Gamestation*
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

zombify wrote:So im in the process of either building a new gaming rig or buying a alienware m15x. What are you guys running ?
I won't buy prebuilt ever again, but as CD says you have no option with laptops :)

I bought my rig prebuilt from oc.co.uk two and a half years back and have suffered for it ever since in a number of ways, though the worst of it was in the first four weeks. It is nearly purged of all sins - just the original HDD remains, and that's the next thing on my list to replace.

It currently stands built on a Striker II Formula, with 4GB Crucial's Dominator, a Q6600 (at 3.2Ghz) and 2 x Geforce 8500 GTS 512mb, fueled by a XFX 850w PSU, complementing by a G5 mouse with a dodgy scrollwheel and an Eclipse II keyboard with the 'S' key's label mostly scratched off (lots of running away). It still runs everything well.
zombify
Cria
Cria

Post by zombify »

CyberDrac wrote:There seems to be a tradition of educational ICT support and gaming ... just ask TheBrook and I ;)

Most people see to build there own to get exactly what they want, but with Laptops you don't have that choice.
That is very true. The only reason I’m thinking of going the Alienware root is because of its upgradability and I’m hardly ever at home any more so it would be nice to have a laptop I can game on.
zombify
Cria
Cria

Post by zombify »

Golem wrote:
zombify wrote:So im in the process of either building a new gaming rig or buying a alienware m15x. What are you guys running ?
I won't buy prebuilt ever again, but as CD says you have no option with laptops :)

I bought my rig prebuilt from oc.co.uk two and a half years back and have suffered for it ever since in a number of ways, though the worst of it was in the first four weeks. It is nearly purged of all sins - just the original HDD remains, and that's the next thing on my list to replace.

It currently stands built on a Striker II Formula, with 4GB Crucial's Dominator, a Q6600 (at 3.2Ghz) and 2 x Geforce 8500 GTS 512mb, fueled by a XFX 850w PSU, complementing by a G5 mouse with a dodgy scrollwheel and an Eclipse II keyboard with the 'S' key's label mostly scratched off (lots of running away). It still runs everything well.
I had the Eclipse II on my last system, that is a awesome keyboard the only things remaining from my old system are a TFT and a microsoft sidewider mouse lol
zombify
Cria
Cria

Post by zombify »

Zodiack wrote:*highfives for Gamestation*
thanks for the highfives, its a real shame they have sold their sole to Game.
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

zombify wrote:its a real shame they have sold their sole to Game.
I must remember to check the bottom of the shoes of all GameStation and Game employees next time I'm in there ... ;)