First Post Pressure...

ChrisAkiras little corner of Llamdom
chrisakira
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

First Post Pressure...

Post by chrisakira »

Well hello there Llamas and Ladies (and Lady Llamas, and Gentle Llamas, and Llama Men........ i could go on) o7 My names ChrisAkira and this is a shiny new corner of the Llama Universe dedicated to me trying to bring you news, reviews and headlines regarding all things gaming, be it hardware, software, big names shipping in (or out) of places and whatever else comes to mind when i decide to write a post ;)

Now the first post is always a risky one, as there's no pretense for what to expect, both from your point of view as a reader, and my point of view as to how many people are going to see this, AND how many of those said people are going to not want to cyber-punch me afterwards for posting rubbish :P

As such, my first post is more of a question to try and get everyone involved, and the question is this...

What was your first gaming platform/console and the game that was played???

Could get some interesting answers to this one. Personally, my first gaming experience was on the NES when i was around 4 or 5, and the game played was the classic Super Mario Bros. I remember sitting in my room taking turns (being one life or level) with my dad. I also remember his turns being significantly longer and more often than mine..... hmmmm......

But yeh, this little bubbly corner of the Llamaverse will consist of all manner of posts gaming related, from stuff like this to upcoming release dates for titles and much more, so keep an eye out :D

So thats me, hopefully this will be a small conversation starter to tide us over until LL24 in 6 weeks time ;)

but for now, i shall bid you a Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!
http://www.gamefanshop.com/partner-ChrisAkira/

Check out the Game Fan Shop for awesome deals on great games, and help support my http://www.twitch.tv/chrisakira channel =D
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Re: First Post Pressure...

Post by Kanonfodda »

Going to show my age now! :D my first gaming experience was on a Sinclair Spectrum. These were text based games that you had to write yourself.

You bought the book, entered the code and then tested it out. A great way to learn and a great feeling when it actually worked :D

My first proper games console was a Sega Master System II :D

From there, my next "gaming" device was a fully fledged PC. I managed to build myself a 386DX system with 8mb of RAM and a 120mb HDD. Running DOS 6.2 and Windows 3.1.1!

Playing the original DOOM in co-op mode with my dad over a 10baseT network! :D
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
chrisakira
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

Post by chrisakira »

oooooo very nice Kanon, i've never used a sinclair spectrum myself, but have heard about their early days awesomeness. I know my dad has a commodore 64 in the attic with a bag full of games that i keep wanting after, but he keeps saying no.... for now lol. one day it shall be mine :mrgreen:
http://www.gamefanshop.com/partner-ChrisAkira/

Check out the Game Fan Shop for awesome deals on great games, and help support my http://www.twitch.tv/chrisakira channel =D
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

BBC B, the first game on the 'Welcome' tape, something river?
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Okay, to add to the latest "showing my age" trend...

Chris, you asked... "What was my first gaming platform/console and the game that was played?"

And I answer.... well the first one I remember was a home computer called the Dragon, came in two variants - 32 or 64. 64 bit? No! Kilobytes! :lol:

I was so young when this came into my life, I only remember that logo! So I don't remember the game that was played at all.

Dad spoiled us kids. The one I remember really using foremost was the Amstrad "Colour Personal Computer" 464.

Dad got one of the first to enter the country in 1984(?). The first games I remember playing are something about running a pizza shop and GHOSTBUSTERS.

This video highlights just what this amazing machine could do... 8)
This is also when I started coding, as the Amstrad encouraged us little sparks to get writing little games and fun scripts of our own.

And after the Amstrad came the first PC in the house, complete with internal speaker and 4 whole colours! Michael Jackson's "moonwalker" never looked so good. And the first games on PC I remember were Alley Cat (the very first) and Police Quest 1!