Llamalan 12 - the aftermath

October 30th - November 1st 2009
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Llamalan 12 - the aftermath

Post by Kanonfodda »

Well, another LAN complete, more lessons learned etc...

there are a few things to note on this one
  • the bad points
    • Kitchen: Once again this was left in a mess by you. We are here to run a LAN, not to clear up after you lot. Thanks go to CyberDrac for clearing up the mess you lot left. In future, there will not be any cutlery or crockery available for people to use, you will be required to bring your own to ensure we don't have this mess to deal with again.
    • Tournament Games: the games for the tournaments were announced well in advance (save for Bruce Lee), yet we still had teams postponing games as they waited for others to install or patch to the latest version. Please make sure this is done before you need to play your first match (ideally before the LAN).
  • The good points
    • Haste and gang: I just wanted to say thankyou to these three lads. although young they behaved themselves well throughout the event, welcome to the comminuty :)
    • TournamentsReponses to being chased by admins to play 1v1 and big team games were on the whole very good. This meant that even with the problems around the internet connection and BFP installation and patching, we were able to get all the big team games done on the Saturday! Had we not had the BFP and internet problems, we might have stood a chance of getting the 2v2 tournament sorted!

We would like to get anymore feedback from you all as to things you like/disliked so we can continue to improve the events :D
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Re: Llamalan 12 - the aftermath

Post by Golem »

An appeal to the whole community of players who were present for our twelfth event: Please do leave your feedback, ratings, comments, complaints, rants, praises, etc. here - this is the official thread for it!

We rely on your opinion to improve the way we run these LANs. So post already!
Haste
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Haste »

Even though i didnt play in the Bruce lee completion timed thing i thought i was a good idea.

Maybe do this with other games? i know that codmw2 takes about 4 hours to complete overall? good idea?

and its 1 amazing game

and thnx for welcoming us!
YaZoR
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by YaZoR »

I don't think people want to turn up to a LAN to play 4 hours of a monotonous single player shooter.
If anything for speed runs, something like 1 level of Super Mario Bros etc.. fastest time wins.

Not sure what could be relevent to an apocalypse theme though.
All I can think is a speed run down the death star trench (on the original star wars arcade from the 80's in mame) as you are destroying a [-]small moon[/-] space station. Kinda apocalyptic, espesh for the storm troopers anyway.
meh
SneakyRusski
Weanling
Weanling

Post by SneakyRusski »

YaZoR wrote:I don't think people want to turn up to a LAN to play 4 hours of a monotonous single player shooter.
4 Hours? The whole lan ;P If you're talking about borderlands anyway D: .. In all fairness it did just get released perfectly in time for the lan so everyone was bound to be bang on it ~

For apocolypse... I've not a clue for a game suggestion, for some reason Terminators in my head.... >_>

Just hoping/praying l4d2 tourney will be one of the big game events ! :D Scavenger mode is perfect for it.

One thing i loved about LL12, everyone was having an awesome time! Even saw a cheeky few smiles from Kanonfodda (sometimes when the 3g was playing up!)
Idk what it was, just everyone so happy etc.. even after waking up.

Bring on LL13 ;D
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

The scout hut just makes you feel like a child, maybe. :P

No complaints that weren't already mentioned from me though. <3

Heeeeyy.... Zombie apocalypse is apocalyptic! :) I'm sure that'd work. :3

Shame Fallout isn't multiplayer (although, I do believe there is an RTS of it somewhere, but its not amazing)...