A summer outing?

Any thoughts, ideas etc on things that could be done as a "group"?

What date(s) would suit you best?

Saturday 8th June
16%
Saturday 15th June
6%
Saturday 22nd June
13%
Saturday 29th June
13%
Saturday 6th July
26%
Saturday 13th July
10%
Saturday 20th July
13%
Saturday 27th July
3%

Total votes: 31

DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

A summer outing?

Post by DrFesty »

Good afternoon Llamas!

Following on from what a few of you said yesterday... A near 6-month wait for the next LAN is a terribly long time to wait! Now I've suggested this before, and it has also been suggested in a previous post (http://www.llamalan.co.uk/forums/viewto ... =65&t=1459) but I thought I would make a fresh post.

I really like the idea of as many of us as possible all cramming onto a train/other transport method and making our way to Thorpe Park for the day. It would be a long day, yes, but well worth it I think ;) I am happy to co-ordinate who's going, pre-ordering tickets (if it would get us a group discount), arrange transport etc.

The suggestion also came to me as the weather seems to be getting better (she says as it starts to become overcast outside-- *DR. FESTINGER USED POSITIVE ATTITUDE!*). I was thinking about late June/July - during summer holidays yes, but good weather hopefully!

Let me know your suggestions for dates, game plan, leaving planning for such an event in my hands etc. :D

NEW: Have just created a poll to explore feasibility for Saturday summer dates! Please vote for as many as you deem suitable :D
Last edited by DrFesty on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Re: A summer outing?

Post by Kanonfodda »

It seems the women on Yellow are keen to give themselves jobs :)

I think it is an excellent idea, depending on final dates I will hopefully be able to attend. I'll discuss it with Jen and see if she wants to come along/is happy for me to go (shouldn't be a problem).

Come on Llamas, support Dr.Festinger in arranging a quality day out for all :)
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

Sounds like a good time to me! >w<
As long as you don't do it at the end of August, I should be freeee.
It will probably be better to do it on a weekend, so as long as we sort it out far enough in advance, it shouldn't be an issue? :)
Weekends are good for me, and I can book time off in school hols if it were to be a week day! :D
Hopefully, I'll be driving by then as well, so could potentially take 4 other people from down this way!
DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by DrFesty »

Most excellent Zodiack! :D Can I shotgun a seat in advance? xD

Yes weekends would probably be better for all - as you say with enough forward planning it should be well! If we can get fast-track tickets as well that'll mean less queueage! I can book annual leave for a weekday and it's usually quiet at the unit during summer, but we'll see what the concensus is :D I might run a Doodle poll with proposed dates next month.
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

weekends would probably be better for me, also you can do polls on the forums :) let me know if the options aren't available :)
DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by DrFesty »

Oh yes of course! Makes more sense doesn't it :P Well I'll edit the thread and set up the poll, picking Saturdays in June and July then post a link to the thread on the FB page for all to see and vote :D Thanks Kanon!
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

no problem, put my dates in :)
claire
Cria
Cria

Post by claire »

Heya This sounds super fun! I want to come even if I can't go on anything cos I will be a big fatty by then :). The earlier dates would suit me more but not fussed. :D
DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by DrFesty »

Of course we would love you to come along Claire! :D Can see us all sitting somewhere green at lunchtime and having a picnic gleaned from the various takeout restaurants in the park :D

Oh and anyone who's kind enough to offer car transport should be given payments-per-passenger for petrol, I think. Seems most fair!
Inferno
Cria
Cria

Post by Inferno »

Brilliant Idea, Thanks for organizing you are all awesome :D

I will say a Saturday at the park is murder and you are looking at over an hour for each ride queue, maybe even more, So it might also be worth getting a list of priority rides for the day and trying to be first in the park for which ever ride was voted highest, Just a suggestion from previous experience.

I will be coming from Southend if it falls on a date I can make so if there are some fellow folks near I can lift them.

Inf
YaZoR
Herdshire
Herdshire

Post by YaZoR »

Since I've just worked out where Thorpe Park is, I won't be able to feasibly attend. So I've removed my votes.
meh
Rogue
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Rogue »

I'd love to come :) I'm free most weekends. Can't do week days tho as have no more holiday days. :D
tenwierdufos
Weanling
Weanling

Post by tenwierdufos »

Dr. Festinger wrote:pre-ordering tickets (if it would get us a group discount), arrange transport etc.
Ye have an important thorpe related pm!
Pru
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Pru »

Not sure if i can make it with it being a weekend. think i'll wait and see if i slim down enough first, dont want to book a day off work for it if i cant go on the rides :P
Twysta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Twysta »

I think I'm with Yaz on this one. For now I can't really feasibly say that I can attend. :(