The Aftermath

Welcome to the Llama Initiative. Hawaiian grass skirts and coconuts at the ready.
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

The Aftermath

Post by Kanonfodda »

Well, another LAN is done adn I hope you agree it was a sucess.

Those who didn't make it, for whatever reason, missed a good fun weekend. The Far Cry tournament, the Big Games and the hawaiian night all went together to give us a very social, friendly and above all fun atmosphere.

My thanks go to all those who attended the event, the admins who ran it with me and especially to LittleGem for services above and beyond the call of duty ;)

As with all events of this type, there are always little niggles that need to be addressed. One of these is smoking. I know that people are entitled to smoke outside, and I have no problem with that. However, going by the smell wafting into the building, it wasn't just tobacco being smoked. This is a Scout hall we are using people, show a little common sense, if any of the people who visited over the weekend for various reasons (scouts etc) caught a whiff of that, we would be looking for a new venue. So I ask you, please keep your habbits to legal ones whilst at LlamaLAN.

There is also the matter of the mess that was left behind in the hall. I know LittleGem would like to make a few comments regarding this, so I shall hand that part of the event round up over to her.

KF
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
=|MAD|=EvO
Weanling
Weanling

Post by =|MAD|=EvO »

Was a great time, met a lot of good people there again. Congrats to the blue team for winning overall (Red team gave it there all,we were just not good enough sorry CD) was a fantastic battle to the very end.

Personally cant wait for the next one.
I'm not a shottie whore ...... i'm just harvesting noobs :D
LittleGem
Cria
Cria

Post by LittleGem »

Thankyou KF. It was a good LAN although i sucked at all games. The one issue i have though is that no one booked the washing up fairy to clear up all the plates, cutlery and food that was left behind in the kitchen. Therefore i had to do it myself. I had to wash the floor on my hands and knees to clear up the food, and the amount of washing up was not funny. If everyone just washed up what they used as they went along it would be a great help.
Also, the matter of the spilt drink outside the mens toilet. Someone had kindly placed a teatowel over the alcoholic liquid but then left it there overnight without telling anyone or wiping it up. The smell the next day was awful and even when i (again on my hands and knees) washed the floor it still smelt, and thats how i had to leave it. Lets hope this isnt held against us when we want to hire the hall again.

Thats all...i think.

Hopefully will see you all at the next LAN....if you promise to behave :-)
Good things come in small packages.....but so does poison (im only 4'10 and 1/2)

Dare and you die.

You don't have to graduate to be a smart arse.
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

I had a brilliant time, and as always Saturday was the best overall day with Ragnor's elite Amagetron server admin skills amongst what's already been said. The ongoing supply of pizza (hot and cold) was very much appreciated. :)

I also appreciated the attendees final choice of the three BIG games and that we were able to field teams for all three. The game choice meant we had three different styles of multiplayer. Deathmatching on HL2 complete with death by filing cabinet, breeze block and urinal, racing on Trackmania, and Capture The Flag instead of DM (Pru's last minute idea) on Unreal Tournament 2K4. Previously I've not favoured Unreal Tournament but the CTF match was the best of all three; Not just because Blue team wiped the floor with the Reds (;)) but because of the intense team effort, helped immensely by voice comms. Ah, took me back. :) Fighting in the woods on the last CTF map was very cool.

The Hawaiian theme was indeed a funky idea. Everyone looked dashing in their hawaiian prints and leis. ;) The farcry tournament gave us a very exciting number of games.

And lastly I also met some cool dudes and dudettes, including HitmanHart, my nemesis on HL2, the bubbly Zodiack, Fatman and Ev0. Very tough opponents on Farcry you both were, yes.

Thanks everyone!
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

Thank you ever so much for a great weekend.
:33

Nice to meet lots of new faces, that were all friendly!
:3
Hope to see most of you again next time. :33
Izzard
Cria
Cria

Post by Izzard »

There's an unknown (possibly unwelcome) guest in this photo:
http://www.llamalan.co.uk/index.php?Sec ... icleID=567

That person is me! I was just popping in to see the ProjectorGames folks since they live so far away and I now live just up the road.

I would have loved to have attended in full for the event but my computers can't hack current games and I was working. BUT I intend to have a new 'puter and take the time to be a paid-up attendee next time around.