Llama attack on New Tristram :>

MikehUK
Cria
Cria

Llama attack on New Tristram :>

Post by MikehUK »

Ahoy Llama's!

Any Follower of the Diablo series knows that Season 5 has now Ended, meaning Season 6 is mere weeks away. (Mid May)

Few people at lan played the lovely mindless adventure game to just dissolve into, I will make a "Clan" on for Season 6 for any people who fancied playing as I myself will be testing out the minor tweaks which they did with it.

For anyone who hasn't played and is looking for something new, you can usually pick up both Diablo3 and the Expansion pack (Reaper of Souls) on any CDkey selling site, around the pricemark of 20ish wonga!

I've played in all expansion and seasons on the game any questions please fire away,

Alittle about the game

Diablo3 is a Adventure treasure hunting game which you can get very lost, the Story mode is great and isnt too long, and it doesn't feel so much as a "Grind" compared to things like torchlight and other treasurehunting game. Once you've settled into your choice of character you can finish the story and then adventure mode becomes available to you, as a way to "test yourself", pushing the difficulty level higher and higher, and doing things called Rifts, now with the right equipment and experience you can battle your way on the EU leaderboards where it becomes very rewarding.

Once you've felt thats all there is and your a Great Axe wielding Llama, you can brave yourself into the 1 Life Hardcore mode where once you knew how to play becomes a place where you just want to go and cry because you dont want to fight the lvl3 creature just in case you die.

Anywhoom, people have me on Battle.net my ID is Mikeh#2561
Sarainy
Cria
Cria

Re: Llama attack on New Tristram :>

Post by Sarainy »

Diablo is definitely a game more fun with friends than solo, but the initial learning process can be tricky.

My recommendation to anyone who hasn't played before is to make a Softcore (unlimited deaths) character and play through the entire story mode, either with people who also haven't played before or on your own.

This gives you time to get used to the mechanics, without being rushed through content by more experienced players.

Once you have a handle on the game, jump into Hardcore (die and your character is gone) and start playing a variety of classes. You will lose lots of characters, but you will learn a LOT. It also gives you the opportunity to get to grips with all of the different classes - whereas Softcore can lead to only ever playing one character class forever.

While Hardcore may sound very scary what with the thought of losing hours spent on a character, that's not really the case. A lot of your progress, including your Stashed gear (banked) and crafter progress is shared between all of your Hardcore characters and not wiped.

In addition, Hardcore play gives for a lot of players a much greater sense of excitement, reward and meaning. In Softcore, you can just throw yourself at any challenge, not really needing to care whether you live or die. On hardcore every time you push yourself to a bigger challenge, you will feel the adrenaline pump!

Just a note - make sure you get the PC version of Diablo 3, with the expansion Reaper of Souls. There is not crossplatform play between consoles and PC.
DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by DrFesty »

Oooh well I do have a copy of Diablo 3 that I got for Christmas...
Bobtastimo
Green Squad
Green Squad

Post by Bobtastimo »

I'm usually up for jumping back into Diablo 3. I've still not really played though the whole of the Reaper of Souls expansion.
DrFesty
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by DrFesty »

*reaches for sealed copy of Diablo 3 under her desk*
MikehUK
Cria
Cria

Post by MikehUK »

** UPDATE ON THE CURRENT SEASON + PLAYERS

i have died. thanks for the random dc at 2am blizzard.

Loki and Sarainy are currently still alive and battling

Sarainy and Loki both currently playing Crusaders.

People are more than welcome to come and join us, now we have a max level character we can get you max level within an hour and enjoying the game at the same stage we all are !

ts3.llamalan.co.uk - !!!
Bobtastimo
Green Squad
Green Squad

Post by Bobtastimo »

MikehUK wrote:** UPDATE ON THE CURRENT SEASON + PLAYERS

i have died...
I take it that, that means you're doing Hardcore Seasonal characters?

If that's the case I'd be up for jumping in, maybe also as a crusader (for the Triple Threat Crusade).
Sarainy
Cria
Cria

Post by Sarainy »

Yes, Hardcore Seasonal characters.

I really haven't had much time to play at all though recently. Unfortunately, that looks set to continue for the next couple of weeks as well :(

Not sure how much others are playing... hopefully more than me!
MikehUK
Cria
Cria

Post by MikehUK »

New Season for Diablo starts on 5th August, if any of you fancy joining me on Hardcore Seasonal Characters.

With the new season started you get a headstart on Hedrigs gifts which gives u a 4set bonus armor set for getting to max level and doing some story stuff

Would be good to get a few of us going on, also Wow expansion is out at the end of august and me and Loki already have started playing if anyone wants to join us.
Bobtastimo
Green Squad
Green Squad

Post by Bobtastimo »

Yeah, I'd be up for some more Seasonal Hardcore.
I'm sure Loki365 and KnightOfNi would join in too. :)