LlamaLAN 27 - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly thread

CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

LlamaLAN 27 - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly thread

Post by CyberDrac »

As with previous events we appreciate the feedback on what went well in the 'Good', what we could improve on in the 'Bad', and the dire and the ridiculous that may also follow in the 'Ugly'.

Have at 'em!
Sarainy
Cria
Cria

Re: LlamaLAN 27 - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly thread

Post by Sarainy »

The Good
- The scouts actually left us some cutlery!
- Secret Hitler, being quadruple Hitler
- Continued laid back attitude to tournament participation and good sportsmanship

The Bad
- The seating arrangement, teams in straight lines. Felt far removed from half of our team, and at the beginning forgot and thought Barry and Taynor were on our team!
- No t-shirts again :(
- Games list not announced until last minute. If there were more paid games, could lead to issues being able to purchase without a payday between. Also little time to practice games, leveling the playing field between those who have played these games before - most noticeable with Halo and the non-tournament Rocket League. Both felt frustrating due to skill gap

The Ugly
- Low number of signups, boo
- Later in the year than the usual Easter dates, hotter in general and boiling hot tent!!!
- Weird scoring issues in Yazor's 1v1 - everyone was great about resolving it though :)
Punkduck
Preemie
Preemie

Post by Punkduck »

One question: Where were the badges? :(
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

I'll stick this here now for you guys :)

basically, the lack of the usual things for this LAN was down to a complete lack of enthusiasm on my part. Those who know me know why this was and I'm not going to go into it here.

So my apologies for the lack of badges, lack of projector score board and other things that are all part of LlamaLAN.

You'll be glad to know, with the help of some close friends and an invigorated admin team, we are looking to make sure that all these things are back and more for LlamaLAN 28.

I also plan on having the LlamaLAN 27 badges available for those who want them at 28 as well ;)
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
niftywarrior
Preemie
Preemie

Post by niftywarrior »

Good:

Great bunch of easy going & friendly folks for my 1st Llamalan experience (Llamalan 27)

Winning at the 1v1! YAY (even tho I had to play though the losers & winners bracket due to technical difficulties :D)

Arcade Machine!!!!!

Bad: No air con in sleeping quarters (but i don't expect scouts to have that installed any time soon :D)

Ugly: N/A

See you at next lan!