Update Your Games Lists!

31st October - 2nd November 2014
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Update Your Games Lists!

Post by Golem »

Llamas of LlamaLAND, I don't know about you but I haven't refreshed my list in a while... have YOU?

Your own 'Games List' is a collection of the games that you own that you order by preference. Everyone's lists is used in combination to determine the most popular and available games amongst all llamas attending each event, which goes a long way in helping us to determine what tournaments to deploy.

And so!

Please follow this easy three step plan:
  1. Head into this page right here: http://www.llamalan.co.uk/profile/games/
  2. And shuffle your games about in order of preference, adding any new ones you have to your list.
  3. Job done.
Any one who's been to more than a couple of events will know by now that we do try to use games that a majority will be able to access and enjoy - hence, it's appreciated if you guys and gals could add ALL games that you HAVE as well as all games you WANT (even if you move said games to the ends of your lists) ;)

Any that are missing, chuck us a PM or reply here.

It really helps us organise a more stellar event for you wonderful people. :mrgreen:

Ta!
Bobtastimo
Green Squad
Green Squad

Re: Update Your Games Lists!

Post by Bobtastimo »

To be added to the list:

Borderlands 2;
Burnout Paradise;
Civilization 5;
Contagion;
Just Cause 2 / Just Cause 2: Multiplayer Mod;
No More Room In Hell;
Portal 2;
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army;
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army 2;
Spelunky;
Terraria;

:D
w0otz
Cria
Cria

Post by w0otz »

Path of Exile
Diablo 2+3
Hearthstone
Age of Empires II (HD Edition)
Blur
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Natural Selection II
Sanctum 1+2
Serious Sam 3
Trackmania 2 (any/all of them!)
League of Legends
OpenRA

and... Artemis! PvP between teams could be fun and outrageously geeky!
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Plenty to add there ... although please note that we'll only be adding those with multiplayer versus options (although we might add those with multiplayer co-op for the purposes of time trials or similar), as we're looking for candidates for big games for everyone to join in.
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

Wow, I guess I did ask.... but I've added most of em, any that I think could possibly make sense as a league, though my judgement may be wrong ;) I haven't added any TM2's yet cos there's so many of em xD Better to keep to the freebie anyway so anyone can join in

OKAY, I've done my bit, go add. Everyone else, carry on, go forth, update!
tenwierdufos
Weanling
Weanling

Post by tenwierdufos »

Will do sir, WILL DO :lol:
Twysta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Twysta »

May I request that we have at least 2 games which are on the list and restrict the number of free games that aren't on the list to 2? So that we have a nice 50/50 split?
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

We can only use the information gathered as best we can. As I explained to TheBrook on Facebook, if the statistics don't support a game from the games list then we can't use it. At the moment the Blue Team have indicated that they cannot field more than two players for any of the top ten games ... if we were to select any of those games at the moment it would result in a default loss for every blue team match. The best you can do it speak to your team mates and encourage them to populate their lists so that we have some candidates to choose from. We only use free games when there are no viable games (numbers, popularity, and distribution) to ensure that more than one or two players on a team have a chance to play. The data is visible on the events page. When the time comes to pick we can only hope there is a decent selection to choose from . But that needs support from the community ... so get that games list populated and ordered and encourage your friends to do the same.
ragemoar
Cria
Cria

Post by ragemoar »

i've not had many of the previous games that were listed for the previous lan events but i just brought them, there is a good 6 months to put some money aside to purchase a game you dont necessarily have to use the most modern games in the lan as we all know are ridiculously over priced in most cases, but with events like steam summer and winter sales theres always lan/multiplayer games that are on there crazy cheap, just food for thought :)
Blue Team Represent!
Party Wagon INC!
#POW!
CyberDrac
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by CyberDrac »

Our philosophy has been to be as inclusive as possible, to have as big a series of games as we can muster, and to choose those games which are popular among the attendees while putting a minimal financial burden on those who wish to feel part of the LAN.

If no suitable candidates reveal themselves through the games list then it's good to know that the community will put themselves and their wallets behind something that we choose even if it isn't a free option. It does give us a few more suitable options we can explore if the community opinion doesn't push anything to the forefront.

Thank you for your support, we hope that our choice meets with your approval ... of course if you don't want to leave that to us then having a well populated games list may save us from having to make the decision ourselves ;-)