LlamaLAN 19 Feedback

April 12th - 14th 2013
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

LlamaLAN 19 Feedback

Post by Kanonfodda »

Hi guys, thanks to all who came to LlamaLAN XIX, we hope you enjoyed it as much as we did.

We will postmore feedback when we have had time to get together as an admin team and discuss things.

But for now, let us know your thoughts on the event (but I really don't want to hear anything about trackmania, thatis really getting old now ;) )
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
ragemoar
Cria
Cria

Re: LlamaLAN 19 Feedback

Post by ragemoar »

The console area was a nice addition to this LAN, should do this more often gives a new angle to the LAN and the games were short and easy to set up, very enjoyable. :)
Blue Team Represent!
Party Wagon INC!
#POW!
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

Thanks ragemoar :) console area has been a feature at most LANs, but was definitely the most polished this time (thanks CD).

We plan on keeping it in that format, other consoles can be made available if people want to bring them along (Wii etc).
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

Once I can drive, I can bring the whole shebang!
PS3, Wii U, 360, and maybe some retro stuff!
I have an N64 and a lot of controllers? :) I just need a few more games for it! Think I've got Bomberman and Pokemon Stadium... and some other stuff.. :D I'll see if I can get a hold of more party type/multiplayer things!
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

I think you just volunteered to be console area admin...;)
chrisakira
Blue Squad
Blue Squad

Post by chrisakira »

i can back zodiack up with that, as at present i too have all 3 current gen consoles and a bunch of mp games i could bring (the wii u is suprisingly awesome mp wise so may well bring that down next time=D)
http://www.gamefanshop.com/partner-ChrisAkira/

Check out the Game Fan Shop for awesome deals on great games, and help support my http://www.twitch.tv/chrisakira channel =D
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

Console queen!
That's fine by me. ;D I'll see if I can get a hold of some more retro stuff!!
And I'll think hard about a set up so we might be able to use Kinect. Get them bodies moving!
Joosebug
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Joosebug »

Pros
-LAN seating arrangement is working for the better I think than before
-The new signage is looking good too and more professional in a way
-Tournaments ran quite well tbh, the only issue being close was the Alien Swarm + Pizza at same time.
-The sleeping areas seemed to be well organised too so that was good
-The console area seemed a more profound success compared to last LAN where I pretty much only found out about it on the Sunday
-Teamspeak / Website / Llama Juke / Shout board all worked perfectly so good job for those.

Cons
-The tf2 config was etf2l but the rules weren't etf2l ones which would've prevented some "annoying" plays shall we say.
-We couldn't find a great enough area to play Werewolves :( and it kinda overlapped some of the catchup Quake games and was a bit of the wrong atmosphere at the time.

but yeah can't think of any more Cons so Llama LAN 19 was a great success in my opinion! :D woop woop :P
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad

Post by Kanonfodda »

Tournament rules/server configs is definately an area we have already highlighted between admins as needing work, so good (sort of) that you agree on that :)

We are also looking at how to organise things to make areas for games like werewolves etc possible :) We'll post more about that as we get things ironed out etc :)
Ragnor
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Ragnor »

The console area is good but would suggest that its not an FPS like modern warfare as that what PCs are for. Should be some other genre of game imo - racing / flying perhaps.... I liked the TDU we had one time before.... Might entice other people to play on it more
7.62 Full Metal jacket
Twysta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Twysta »

I'm with Rag on this one.
I also wouldn't say no to some Wii Tennis...
And I wouldn't be able to resist Bomberman if there was bomberman...

Or even some Super Monkey Ball. But that's me.
Zodiack
Yellow Squad
Yellow Squad

Post by Zodiack »

I've got GT5, Forza somewhere, TDU2, even got a Logitech steering wheel for the PS3 to add to the driving feels. ;D
I'll buy more cars that aren't just my faves for you to drive~~ :P

If there is stuff you want to see, give us a shout. I'll totally make a thread about this when I can be bothered!! (aka later tonight!)
Pru
Weanling
Weanling

Post by Pru »

Good:
Kanonfodda being awesome
the hall lay out
Kanonfodda being awesome
Werewolves
Kanonfodda being awesome
Cards against humanity
Kanonfodda being awesome
Seeing everyone again (ive been away far too long :o)
Kanonfodda being awesome
The console area
....and did i mention kanonfodda being awesome? :P i felt so clean on saturday!

Bad:
Not enough space for werewolves :( we had a weirdly shaped village, It'd be nice if there was space and maybe a spare table for other games.

Not as much for specs to do as other lans. I was wondering if maybe there could be a console based tournie that wasnt linked into a team so specs can take part. I was also wondering about the rules of spectators using peoples pc's. At other lans a spectator can use someones PC but cant enter any tournies. Maybe this could be the case at llamalan? Be allowed to play a game but not to enter a tournie or play in team games.

The fridge being quite full of drinks rather than food that needs to go in there. I noticed it was mainly milk, maybe we could have "llamalan milk" instead of everyone buying some and filling the fridge with it? <insert inuendo here>

Ugly:
CyberDracs snoring! im not complaining as i was warned.... but im sure i woke up several feet closer to you :P
Twysta
Yearling
Yearling

Post by Twysta »

Worst part is Pru, Andy didn't show up (and never mentioned it) so there was actually a spare seat beside Yaz the whole weekend.
Spanky
Cria
Cria

Post by Spanky »

I could always possibly bring my Sim Rig if anyone would be interested in that?

There is some up and coming and most impressive driving sims along in the coming few months , one in particular that is extremely impressive. Its wouldn't be a competition thingy but would show off what a REAL driving virtual pilot is about. I would just set it up and let people have a try over the course of a weekend.

You never know you might really take to it!

Also. It would be really great to have some CTF of some description, Q3 UT2004 something along those lines as maybe a big game event? The 1v1 was really great and everyone seemed to be floating about watching people a lot and taking interest. Myself and Reggie started a little CTF Instagib on Sunday and with 10 of us in it was really good, some more of that would be perfect :)