LlamaLAN XVI - Official Feedback Thread

October 28th - 30th 2011
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Re: LlamaLAN XVI - Official Feedback Thread

Post by Golem »

Yeah we talked about this at the event remember? :D I used the word 'keepsakes' before. :) I'm still going through and processing em as we type.

Ppl don't need em in the strappy bits and wallets still though do they? :roll:
Kanonfodda
Red Squad
Red Squad
Location: Flag Room (Well most of meh, some landed on the ramp though)

Post by Kanonfodda »

Golem wrote:Yeah we talked about this at the event remember? :D I used the word 'keepsakes' before. :) I'm still going through and processing em as we type.

Ppl don't need em in the strappy bits and wallets still though do they? :roll:
Strappy bit = Lanyard ;)

where someone is coming to 17 and was at 16, I'll just put the 16 badge in the same holder ;) then they can be reversable :D
If it bleeds, we can fry it :0D
Golem
Some Git
Some Git

Post by Golem »

That's the one :lol:

Keep up the feedback people!!

Good
  • The scoreboard, I love it :D I think the system of accruing points throughout all major tournaments works very nicely. KF's latest improvements make this even cooler... To be revealed XD
  • Brookman's Sounds. He brings along some fantastic equipment to our LAN parties to assist push out some big audio. Although, see the 'bads' in a bit...
  • CD, when we coerced him to do it, is a natural at being the LAN cryer! (there's a llama pun in there somewhere ;))
  • The players - I had no trouble with my guys getting em involved in games. I tried to mix up the teams a bit each time so every one who was at all interested could get involved in LAN team game action. Hope you all enjoyed the part you played :)
  • The network - did we have any outages? Not while I was in the hall. Good work Kryton and KF. :thumbs:
  • Games - A pretty good mix of game styles :)
  • Atmosphere - Seemed lively and friendly most times, I like it :)
  • Big Group Photos :D
The Bad
  • Is the hall just rubbish acoustically? Next time, if Brook is available early in the day, sound tests are crucial. I've been avoiding subtitles in our vids (they're distracting) but I think they're needed if we can't work out how to create clear vocals in our vids for playing in the scout hut.
  • Clan tourny... :S we have ideas in the works to encourage better turnaround of matches
  • Kitchen mess!
  • Bin bags - none immediately available and I think we had to seek them out from the Alpha Llama (I did anyway) - the setup we've tried in the past, one bag between two seats, strapped with tape and labelled, works well, we should do this again :)
  • Missed out on a big Saturday group photo :(
  • Need more background (and I mean background) music during the event!
The Ugly
  • Golem running purely on adrenaline after days of no sleep XD
[KTFO]i-LiMiT-i
Yearling
Yearling

Post by [KTFO]i-LiMiT-i »

Good
Organisation of events (serverwise and team wise)

Bad
Agree with golem regarding the bg music :)
CoD4 tourney - each team should pick a map

Ugly
Leo.